This mining town was built in the 1950’s. The hamlet entrance, located off HWY 118, features a large dragon fly sculpture that was created by local artist Andy Hillo in 1998. It has a Municipal Office/Public Library, Post Office, Fire Hall, Community Centre, Legion, General Store/Liquor Outlet/Restaurant, Public School and two Churches. Cardiff has a public in-ground pool and offers swimming lessons during the summer. With over 200 homes, it is our only hamlet with full municipal water and sewer.