County Rd 4 (Essonville Line) between
Wilberforce & Hwy 118
A small farming community settled in the 1870s featured a store, hotel, post office, school and church. The log Sunday School Hall was home to the Loyal Orange Hall Lodge #1114 Essonville until the early 1900s, when it was relocated to Wilberforce. Settlers of Essonville either farmed or worked in the nearby logging camps. There was little in the way of commercial activity. The post office and school remained until the late 1960s.
The church continues to be well maintained and has been designated as a historic site. Directly across from the church is the Pioneer Cemetery, which remains in use.