Gooderham

A friendly little village, Gooderham is bordered by the Irondale River to the south and Pine Lake (now known as Gooderham Lake) to the north- at the intersection of the Monk Road from the east and Buckhorn Road from the south.  It is likely named after the members of the Toronto distillery owning Gooderhams, as they donated money for the local church.  The first post office was established in 1873.  There were mills set up to make use of the waterfall located between Gooderham Lake and the Irondale River.